The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness. However, if you have any of the symptoms above you must stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19.
Further government guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection can be found here.
- Work in the home like cleaning can continue provided the person carrying out the work has no symptoms and that no-one in their household is shielding or self-isolating.
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained.
- Travel to and from this type of work is allowed.
- The virus is primarily spread by human to human contact. We would therefore ask you to take your daily exercise or isolate to one room when our team is attending your house. If that is not possible, our team will endeavour to keep to the 2m social distancing guidelines, we would politely ask that you help us maintain that distance.
- The cleaner shall thoroughly wash their hands before, during and after their cleans with warm soapy water or suitable sanitizer.
- Cleaners must not clean if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must not allow cleaning if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- If you or anyone in your household have any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner know as soon as possible. We have also informed our cleaners to do the same.
- Our cleaners only use the clients' cleaning materials, to prevent cross-contamination.
- Cleaning is one of the few exceptions for entering people’s homes; it is incredibly important that cleaners respect Government guidelines and clients' wishes when they are entering a property.
- Face coverings are not mandatory, however if the client asks for them to wear one, then they should be prepared to do so, NC-S Cleaners have a supply of face coverings available to them.